Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Friday, February 1, 2008

I Don't Care Anymore: Why We Aren't Voting Values and Issues

I don't care that his values are different than mine. He's so refreshing, and he's black. We can make history by voting him in. What America needs today in Washington DC is a man who stands for hope and history, not for what I believe.

I don't care that she's maligned as dishonest and a feminist, as lifetime politician who carpetbagged into New York. She's a woman. What America needs today in Washington DC is a person who is not a man. She'll care more about the issues. I don't have to agree with her views, just that the change happens.

I don't care that his values seem to change. He's so firm and leader-like. What America needs today in Washington DC is a man who leads. What he leads is not relevant to me.

I don't care that he agrees quietly with issues I morally oppose. He's an American hero. What America needs today in Washington DC is a hero, one who will stand brave against our enemies.

I don't care that he seems to be over-the-top in issues I'm mild about. He goes to my church, and that's enough. What America needs today in Washington DC is a believer who believes in his heart what's true. He'll care more about the issues.

related: Why Not to Vote for Hillary Clinton (One Perfect Reason), and Politics in a Box: Why I Am Not a Republican, Why I Am Not a Democrat

Phil Collins puts his two cents with his famous anti-politician song.

No comments: