Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Issues: I Got 'Em

I've got issues.

  • Iraq, and the terrorism question, is a big one. I think, no matter what the campaign speeches say, we are staying in Iraq for another several years.
  • I do not think the North Korea issue is over.
  • I'm not worried about the economy - I believe in capitalism, and that the market will right itself.
  • Gas prices do not bother me: maybe we will learn to use alternate transportation.
  • I do not think abortion should be legal, but I am not sure the next president can make a difference without Congressional support.
  • I do not think executing criminals should be legal, but, like abortion, do not think this will change in the next term.
  • I do think religious freedom in America is a big issue, but I also think modern Americans have become too afraid of speaking their mind about their faith. That's their problem, not the White House's. Use it or lose it.
  • I do think we need to be vigilant about air quality. Smoke and chemicals go somewhere. What impact they have is a scientific argument, and I'm not equipped with a position or capacity to argue.

No comments: